Monday, July 4, 2011

Well? We are officially done for the day. Staying in Custer, SD at the All American Hotel. We did the bad lands, Mt Rushmore, and Crazy Horse today. What great scenery! We had a little scare at Mt Rushmore today. I parked the Ural in a parking garage at the Mountain, went and did the tourist thing, went back and the Ural was gone! I think their was a post a while back on the Soviet Steeds forum about stealing a Ural and the stupidity of doing that. I looked on three floors of parking in the garage. And no Ural! At this point I'm panicking, and thinking,"I lost my father in laws ashes and my beloved Ural! My orange anvil! Almost in tears, I start walking to the ranger station, and behold, another identical parking garage, with a beautiful orange Ural parked in side! That is all for today. Until the next time.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Tom. Sounds like you had a great day. I'm sorry you had such a scare but glad you found the Ural & Joe too.

    ReplyDelete